Thursday, September 11, 2008

The prosecutor has decided...

The case will be prosecuted in juvenile court. My neighbor boy is being charged with 4 counts of GSI (gross sexual imposition) and 3 counts of rape. I didn't know that penetration other than penile penetration would be considered rape, but it is. Two of the counts of GSI apply to his conduct with his own younger sister. He's been removed from the home since shortly after this was reported, for the safety of both of his younger sisters. He's living in another town about 25 miles away, with an older brother. We see him over there on weekends. It still makes me seethe with anger to see him. I hope that will pass. I have to keep reminding myself that he, too, may be a victim in need of lots of help.

I do not get to attend any of the juvenile proceedings unless and until I or my daughter are subpoenaed to testify. I can go, and wait in a room on another floor, for the prosecuting attorney to come tell me what happened, but because it's a juvenile proceeding, I cannot be present. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment