Monday, October 6, 2008

The day of arraignment

The day of the arraignment has come and gone. There was no court appearance. The defense attorney was unavailable, so he filed the denial of charges procedurally. I guess this is allowable, but rare, at least in this court. Because of the lack of courtroom proceedings, the almost automatic "no contact" order that is normally issued at the time of arraignment was not issued. The boy has not tried to come over into our yard or to talk to my daughter in any way, and I'm not really worried that he will, so I shouldn't be annoyed at this, but I am. I went to the courthouse and waited, only to be told that there were no proceedings.

The prosecuting attorney is a pleasant young woman. She wants to meet my daughter, so we set up an appointment for that.

The first pre-trial, where they will work on discovery, is scheduled for October 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment